Connective Railway Between Iron Works Nová hu and Vítkovice
The construction of so called South Work (later called Nová hu, now ISPAT NOVÁ HU) of the Vítkovice Iron Works was started in 1942 near village Kunčice (now the part of town Ostrava). At that time the siding of the new work was only connected with the State Railway network in station Kunčice nad Ostravicí (now Ostrava-Kunčice). After World War II was decided to construct works with complete metallurgical production on cadasters of villages Kunčičky, Kunčice and Bartovice. Then there was started construction of rail connection between old works in Vítkovice and new plant in Kunčice and railway traffic on the line was started in 1951. The staff passenger service was in operation through the line since 1951 and from 1969 to 1998 there was operated also passenger trains of state railway ČSD from station Opava východ to Nová hu iron works. Now the line is used especially for transport of liquid iron from blast furnaces in Nová hu to steel plant in Vítkovice.