„Sergejs“ in Jihlava
In the beginning of 1973 the replacement of steam locomotives class 556.0 by diesel locomotives started at Jihlava depot. On 24 January 2008 the very first “Sergej” T 679.1449 was delivered to Jihlava. The depot of Jihlava used these locomotives on freight services to Znojmo, Veselí nad Lužnicí and Dívčice, irregularly they were also operated between Jihlava and Havlíčkův Brod. But locomotives class T 679.1 weren’t used on Znojmo services for a long time. After a year’s service the operation of these locomotives was forbidden due to abnormal wear of rails on curves. Since 1 June 1980 the electric operation at line Veselí nad Lužnicí - Jihlava was fully started. It ended operation of locomotives class T 679.1 at the depot of Jihlava.